Subject: RE: [security-services] Groups - authentication-context.pdf uploaded

Anthony Nadalin wrote on 12/8/2003, 11:34 PM:

 > I would say that this use case would be covered by an
 > attribute assertion and no need for a context, The
 > context should just be an attribute assertion(s)

I tend to think of "attribute assertions" to be attributes about
the subject to which they are associated.  The Authentication
context, however, is not about the subject, but about the
assertion and so it doesn't belong in an attribute statement.

If, on the other hand, you say that information about the assertion
should be identified by attribute statements, then we should move
all of the other assertion related information into such statements
and I, for one, don't believe we should do so.

Conor