Subject: RE: [security-services] Encryption Usecases and Requirements

Sorry I missed to focus group call.

I left out encrypting requests and responses deliberately. What is the
reason for encrypting them? In general their contents will mostly be known
or contain non-sensitive information. I don't object to making this a
requirement if there is a valid reason, but it will be more trouble so I
don't want to do it without a justifying use case.

Like you I am not an XML guy, but as I understand it, making the encrypted
data schema-valid will require tweaking the entire schema to add optional
alternative elements everywhere. I want everybody to understand the
implications of and reasons for this requirement. It would certainly be much
easier to drop it. Both Scott and Eve pressed for it at the F2F. Perhaps
they can speak to this point on the call today.

Hal

bers/leave
_workgroup.php.