Subject: RE: [security-services] Roles for SAML 2.0 Metadata

Anothny -
I think you may have misunderstood my message. The concept of a "role" in this case is really that of a "participant". I.e., we are talking about the role that a SAML participant would take in communicating with another "participant". May be "participant" is also not a good name; may be we should call it a "meta role". In any case, this is specifcally NOT an arbitrary role that can be specified in an attribute assertion.

Jahan

------
Jahan Moreh
Chief Security Architect
310.286.3070

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Nadalin [mailto:drsecure@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 8:09 AM
To: security-services@lists.oasis-open.org

Why is this restricted to any role this seems like an artifact of Liberty ? These should just be attribute assertions that any role can use.

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122
Inactive hide details for "Jahan Moreh" <jmoreh@sigaba.com>"Jahan Moreh" <jmoreh@sigaba.com>

          "Jahan Moreh" <jmoreh@sigaba.com>

          12/16/2003 01:48 PM
          Please respond to jmoreh