Subject: RE: [security-services] wrt SAML artifact definition

> Yes!  And also "profile"  Since it seems to mean what the SOAP 1.2 folks
> call message exchange pattern, and not what folks doing standards usually
> mean (to subset)

Bit of both, I think, but I'd rather see us use binding more when we
describe how to ship messages around and leave profile for cases where we
restrict or limit the allowed uses of things in the spec.

The browser profiles seem like a mix of binding and profile now. The content
of the messages is a profile, but the rules for exchange seem like a
binding.