Subject: RE: [security-services] Proposal for assertion-level subjects

> Argh! When I proposed assertion-level subjects, it was
> because I wanted to REDUCE complexity. All this talk of
> having both assertion and statement-level subjects, and
> confirmations, is making my head spin.

I don't think we suggested keeping the statement level subjects, just that
it wouldn't be 5% case necessarily for having different confirmations in
different statements, whereas different subjects seems to be.

> If someone wants to support a choice between subject
> confirmation methods, we can define an "or" element structure
> in the assertion-level SC.

Is the current data model an "and"? I wasn't aware we even said what it
means to have multiple methods in 1.x, but I would have assumed it was an
"or".

> If someone wants to have two statements with different SCs,
> they can put them in separate assertions.

Certainly an option I would not object to.