Subject: Re: [security-services] Minutes from SSTC Conference Call, March 2,2004

A few notes to follow up on last week's meeting:

Mishra, Prateek wrote:
> 1. Motions and Actions
>

> Motion 1:
> Exactly one subject per assertion (no matter how many statements), with
> subject confirmation data attached to that subject
> (thus, confirmation is also global to the assertion). Assertions can have a
> sequence of SubjectConfirmation elements,
> with the explicit semantics that the subject can be confirmed by any one of
> the methods (ie, "or" semantics).
>
> Scott moves, Eve seconds.
>
> No further discussion. Unanimous consent.
>

> Motion 2:
> Remove the words "held by the subject" from line 809 in draft 06-diff. Ron
> moves, Eve seconds. Unanimous consent.
>

> Action 1: Eve will implement motion 1 in an upcoming revision of core.
>
> Action 2: "    "    "         "     2  " ...

I have implemented both of these in core-07, here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/download.php/5790/sstc-saml-core-2.0-draft-07-diff.pdf

In discussing motion 2/action 2, we forgot to notice that Ron had
originally also proposed a slight modification in the KeyInfo
description, in addition to chopping off the last four words:

s/provides access to/identifies/

Ron, Scott, and I consulted on this and decided this was editorial, so I
implemented it in core-07.  But if anyone wants to go back to the
original wording, just yell.

> Action 3: Eve will create an issue around the format and semantics of
> KeyInfo and other ConfirmationData within SubjectConfirmation.

I probably won't have a chance to update the issues list till next
weekend.  I also want to refresh the work items list at the same time.

> 3. March 30 F2F Planning
> March 16 absolute cutoff date of text for proposed specification
> text (no "new" text or documents after that date)

I assume this applies only to the major design-containing specs like
core, bindings, profiles, etc..  The glossary, implementation guide, and
so on are secondary in this respect and will likely need to have "new"
text added to them after the main design specs are fleshed out.

	Eve
Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Products, Technologies, and Standards    eve.maler @ sun.com