Subject: Boxcarring of multiple attributes in an assertion

We have explicitly said that multiple statements in an assertion are
equivalent to multiple assertions each with one statement, but we forgot
to account for "boxcarring" of multiple attributes in a single
statement.  Should they in fact be equivalent?  (I believe so.)

	Eve

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Multiple Attributes in an Assertion
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 11:40:20 -0500
From: Anne Anderson <Anne.Anderson@Sun.COM>
To: Eve Maler <Eve.Maler@Sun.COM>
CC: Anne.Anderson@Sun.COM

In sstc-saml-schema-assertion-2.0.xsd.xml for core-07:

A SAML Assertion may contain an unbounded number of
AttributeStatement elements.  Each AttributeStatement might have
a different SessionIndex attribute, but that attribute is
optional.

Each AttributeStatement may contain an unbounded number of
Attribute elements.

So are the following equivalent?

  <Assertion ...>
    <AttributeStatement>
       <Attribute Name="A1" .../>
       <Attribute Name="A2" .../>
    </AttributeStatement>
  </Assertion>

  <Assertion ...>
    <AttributeStatement>
       <Attribute Name="A1" .../>
    </AttributeStatement>
    <AttributeStatement>
       <Attribute Name="A2" .../>
    </AttributeStatement>
  </Assertion>

Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Products, Technologies, and Standards    eve.maler @ sun.com