Subject: RE: [security-services] Authentication Method

> Not sure of the overlap, the URI (whatever the SSTC version
> is)  simply indicates that the authentication context for the assertion
> can somehow be described using the AuthnContext structure.

Yes, but I think the use of the URI as a call-out was a hack to deal with
the mandatory AuthnMethod. It might be the right hack, but it still seems
odd to me.

What I'm maybe suggesting is the ability to stick the context class
reference in as the authentication method, and then we'd have to define
context class "meaning" for the existing method URIs. Then the context class
bit goes away as a schema bit.

Either way, we just need to harmonize the two approaches better.