Subject: RE: [security-services] Please ensure that your company is complying with SAML IP licensi ng requirements.

It's appropriate for me to add a bit of clarification to me previous message...

Note that neither OASIS nor the TC take a position on the accuracy or the validity of the IP claims made to the TC w.r.t. SAML.

My note to the list was sent strictly as a representative of RSA Security and NOT from my position as SSTC co-chair.  Just because the TC lists the claims on the TC web site as a convenience to implementers in no way implies that execution of the license agreement is required by OASIS or by your membership in the SSTC.

The request for implementers to execute the license agreement is being made by RSA Security and is strictly a matter to be dealt with between RSA Security and individual implementers of the specification.

Sorry for any confusion and thanks for listening...

Rob Philpott
Senior Consulting Engineer
RSA Security Inc.
Tel: 781-515-7115