Subject: Re: [security-services] New Issue: AssertionID/ WSS Direct reference compatability

On Jul 13, 2004, at 3:07 PM, Ron Monzillo wrote:

> There already is such an envelope in WSS
> but it's use (which causes in-lining) would preclude efficiencies
> where the same on msg token is used in multiple security opertaions
> on the msg (i.e. as the KeyInfo of two signatures)

The Embedded wrapper is different than what I am proposing -- as you
point out, the Embedded wrapper precludes multiple use. What I am
proposing is a wrapper that can carry the wsu:Id attribute without
creating problems with our own schema, or requiring assertion
generators to know a-priori how an assertion will be transported.

-Greg