Subject: Re: [security-services] Stateless Conformity To SAML

Another way to look at this is from the point of view of the peer
implementation. That is, if my IDP implementation is talking to your SP
implementation, and I want to ensure that you have terminated any
persistent record of a federation for a given user, then I need to know
that either:
a) you support Name ID Management and will terminate any persistent
record for a given user if I tell you to do so (which, I guess, could
be a no-op if you don't store persistent records)
b) you don't support Name ID Management, but you don't store persistent
records of federations either

Where we would run into trouble, I think, is if an implementation
stores persistent records of user federations but doesn't support Name
ID Management (federation termination in particular).

-Greg