Subject: proposed SAML artifact definition

Given that the english word "artifact" has meanings that don't immediately
connote being a "protocol artifact" (see below), and also we use the unadorned
english term in the spec (line 684 of sstc-saml-bindings-2.0-draft-20), I
suggest we define the formal term as "SAML artifact" (which is actually used in
the spec at this time)...

SAML artifact

   A small referential data object referring to another SAML data object,
typically a SAML protocol message, held by a system entity participating in an
exchange of SAML protocol messages. The SAML Artifact format is defined in the
HTTP Artifact binding in [SAMLBind].

--

Main Entry:ar£ti£fact
Pronunciation:**r-ti-*fakt
Function:noun
Etymology:Latin arte by skill (ablative of art-, ars skill) + factum, neuter of
factus, past participle of facere to do— more at  ARM, DO
Date:1821

1 a : something created by humans usually for a practical purpose;  especially
   : an object remaining from a particular period *caves containing prehistoric
artifacts*
   b : something characteristic of or resulting from a human institution or
activity *self-consciousnessT turns out to be an artifact of our education
system— Times Literary Supplement*

2 : a product of artificial character (as in a scientific test) due usually to
extraneous (as human) agency
   –ar£ti£fac£tu£al \**r-ti-*fak-ch*(-w*)l, -*fak-shw*l\  adjective