Subject: RE: [saml-dev] Re: [security-services] Any interest in possible SAML interop at RSA 2005?

Sorry for the delayed response...

See below.

security-services@lists.oasis-open.org
> Subject: Re: [saml-dev] Re: [security-services] Any interest in
possible
> SAML interop at RSA 2005?
>
> Hi ,
>
> Couple of questions from a first timer regarding the interoperability
> event.
>
> 1. Who can participate in the event ?
[RSP] We usually try to be very inclusive in these events with anyone
having a conforming implementation of SAML being invited.

> 2. What is an Interoperability testing procedure like ?
[RSP] Well, if we in fact hold such an event, the planning for the
specific test/demo scenarios won't be done for awhile.  Generally, we
try to do some internet or even f2f testing before the event just to
make sure things are generally working and we don't end up flopping at
the show. But we usually all agree on a set of demo scenarios and all
implement those use cases for public display.

> 3.  Are ther any standard guidelines that we have to follow ?
[RSP] Such as?

> 4. Can we demo our product(s) using SAML ?
[RSP] It depends on what your product is... the focus of these interops
has typically been to demonstrate that vendor's implementations of the
spec's can interoperate with all vendors running the same scenarios
connecting to each other.  We look more for uniformity in this event.
When vendors want to hype their product, we've generally made them do
that in their private show booth's (assuming they have them).  A very
minimal amount of hyping occurs, but that is not the focus of THIS
event.

Make sense?