Subject: Comments on core-2.0-cd-01 - NameIDType usage

Inconsistent use of NameIDType for identifying participants:

 I suggest that we make consistent use of the schema type used when
 referring to participants. In some cases a party is referred to with a
 schema element of NameIDType with a recommended Format attribute of
 "urn:...:entity". In other cases the party is referred to with a schema
 element of type anyURI.

 The following elements should be changed to type NameIDType with a
 recommended Format attribute of "urn:...:entity"

   <AuthenticatingAuthority>
   <IDPEntry><ProviderID>

 These changes are mostly for purposes of consistency which will
 simplify processing by the relying party.

 Additionally, there are two other cases where attributes describe
 participants which may also benefit from a change to NameIDType.

   <SubjectConfirmationData>@Recipient
   <StatusResponseType>@Recipient

--
mailto:gfe@sun.com                                     http://tinyurl.com/yrbj6
"Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead." -- Dr. Benjamin Franklin