Subject: RE: [security-services] destination-side enforcement of one-time artifact use

> I believe this text is currently absent from Section 4 (SSO Profiles of
> SAML) of profiles-cd-01a. I propose the inclusion of the following text in
> Section 4.1.4.4):

There is similar text in the binding definition. I didn't write it as a MUST
because there was resistance at the F2F in doing that. I made it a SHOULD
instead:

Quoting from Security Considerations (3.6.5.2):

In general, this binding relies on the artifact as a hard-to-forge
short-term reference and applies other security measures to the callback
request/response that returns the actual message. All artifacts MUST have a
single-use semantic enforced by the artifact issuer. Furthermore, it is
RECOMMENDED that artifact receivers also enforce a single-use semantic on
the artifact values they receive, to prevent an attacker from interfering
with the resolution of an artifact by a user agent and then resubmitting it
to the artifact receiver.

Are you proposing additional text, or maybe strengthening the SHOULD in the
specific case of that profile?