Subject: RE: [security-services] An ambiguity in 1.1 that we should clarify in SAML 2.0 re: artifact processing

> We should probably have the TC decide on the correct
> response, document it in a V1.1 corrigendum, and address it
> in V2.0 as well.

I believe I already did. Quoting the processing rules in section 3.5.3 of
core:

"If the responder recognizes the artifact as valid, then it responds with
the associated protocol message in an <ArtifactResponse> message element.
Otherwise, it responds with an <ArtifactResponse> element with no embedded
message. In both cases, the <Status> element MUST include a <StatusCode>
element with the code value urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:status:Success. A
response message with no embedded message inside it is termed an empty
response in the remainder of this section.

The responder MUST enforce a one-time-use property on the artifact by
insuring that any subsequent request with the same artifact by any requester
results in an empty response as described above."

I don't see any ambiguity in that text, since your example follows that
pretty directly.