Subject: Formalize meaning of multi-statement vs. multi-assertion

I think we had a conversation at one point re-affirming the conclusion that
all else being equal, there was no difference between having 2 assertions
with one statement and 1 assertion with 2 statements.

There's a brief allusion to this in core in the encryption discussion that
mentions something being in section 2. But I can't any explicit comment in
section 2 saying the two are equivalent...