Subject: Re: [security-services] "Registration" process for third-party SAMLcustomizations

Eve L. Maler wrote:
> It sounds like the distinction between extensibility and the ability to
> create new profiles could pretty much be addressed by Prateek's message
> about the focus-call conclusion that I should say "SAML Profiles,
> Bindings and Extensions" instead of "SAML Customizations".  With that
> attitude firmly in place, I can edit the description for consistency to
> that.  I'll give that a whack sometime in the next few days.

Okay, here it is.  Any final comments?  I've been told that the very
moment we get this up on the site, we'll be receiving our first
submitted item.  Thus, given that the process is so darn lightweight, I
suggest that if people think it's good enough for now (let's confirm at
tomorrow's focus call), we can always tweak the website wording later.

By the way, as is probably obvious, I'm happy to be the person assigned
to trap notifications, vet them with the TC, and put links to them on
the website.

========
SAML Profiles, Bindings, and Extensions:

Because of SAML's design for flexibility, it is anticipated that some
SAML users will want to custom-design their own profiles, bindings,
authentication context classes, and/or extensions as appropriate for
their purposes.  The SSTC invites third parties who are building such
SAML-based specifications to tell us about them so that we can list and
link to the specifications on this site.  This listing is intended to
help other SAML users more easily find and use existing custom uses of SAML.

To notify the SSTC of your SAML-based specification, use the [link:
comment form].  It is expected that such specifications will adhere to
guidelines set forth in the relevant SAML specification.  For example,
the SAML Bindings and Profiles specifications give guidelines for
information that must accompany new bindings and profiles, such as a
unique URI, author contact information, and so on.

The SSTC reserves the right not to list any SAML-based specification,
and no endorsement by the SSTC of any such specification is implied.
The SSTC [link: IPR declaration page] does not apply to such
specifications.  This listing is a courtesy only.

If you are an OASIS member and wish to contribute a SAML profile or
other SAML-based specification to the SSTC for consideration in future
work on SAML, please refer to the [link: OASIS TC process] for the
proper way to make a contribution.
========

	Eve
Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Products, Technologies, and Standards    eve.maler @ sun.com