Subject: Focus Call Minutes, November 2, 2004

Rob Philpott
Rebekah Metz
Gavenraj Sodhi
Eve Maler
Abbie Barbir
Greg Whitehead
Scott Cantor
Peter Davis
Forest Yin
Rick Randall

New agenda items:
1.

(1) Mail from Thomas Wisniewski on Name Identifier Update
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200411/msg00014.h
tml

(2) Comment from JP Morgan
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services-comment/200411/ms
g00000.html

(3) Eve comment on schema location
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200411/msg00020.h
tml

2. Rob: we have not yet received three attestations. Proposal to
continue making editorial
and non-substantive changes to specification. We would vote on December
7 to re-affirm
CD status.

3.       <AuthnRequest> conformance.  Lots of email starting with:

*
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200410/msg00059.h
tml

*         Concensus seems to be to do nothing.

CLOSED.

4.       Eve: Registration process for 3rd-party SAML customizations

*
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200410/msg00036.h
tml

Eve proposes to add tweaked text to the website. Rob and Prateek concur.

Rick: how can contributed submissions attain official status within the
TC?

Prateek, Eve: explain process steps for attaining CD status

5. Public review comments from farrukh.najmi@sun.com

*
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services-comment/200410/ms
g00002.html

*         Scott's response:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services-comment/200410/ms
g00003.html

Eve: issue has been around for some time. Suggestion is that schema
location hint follow the model
used in XML-ENC. Currently, we are using more general pointer to schema
location.

Scott: Concern that XML-ENC schema location model is not a good one.

DIscussion about use of schema location hint. Resolution that we will
follow XML-ENC model
but add text in core explaining that this is only a hint.

6.       Tom Scavo comment re: Identity Provider Discover Profile

> *

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services-comment/200410/ms
g00004.html

Changes have been made, Scott has sent a response

7.       Comment from sean@smo.uhi.ac.uk <mailto:sean@smo.uhi.ac.uk> re:

> Profiles
>
> *

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services-comment/200410/ms
g00006.html

Scott has sent message encouraging submission of new profiles.

> 8.       Scott's response to Rob's initial comments on -core-02
>
> *

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200410/msg00089.h
tml

> 1.	Section 3.7.3.2 Session Authority Rules (Lines
> 2506-2509), states that the protocol does not permit partial
> success and that "any error during the propagation of logout
> requests. MUST result in the failure of the overall logout
> process ...".  Doesn't this imply that somehow logout

Scott has made the changes, Rob will review.

> 2.	There was a question about why the "terminate" option
> of the Name ID Management Protocol was combined with the ID
> management and thus now always requires a response to be
> returned. In Liberty-based FederationTerminationNotification

Rob main concern is about Liberty community. Will they object? Scott
doesn't think so.

ALL ISSUES HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED. Rob to provide text explaining why we
use terms like
user, principal, subject etc.

> 9.       Additional comments from Rob on -core-02
>
> *

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200410/msg00085.h
tml

> *         Scott response:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200411/msg00000.h
tml

Item 1 discussed by Ron, Scott, and Rob.

Ron has commented on item 1:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200411/msg00001.h
tml

Proposal to use Ron's text with removal of either/or from definition.

Discussion of Conor's suggestion:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200411/msg00009.h
tml

Scott to add text based on Ron's text and discussion during the call.

Item 2: Scott will add an example explaining use.

Item 3: similar to 2 and closed

Item 4: Scott suggests that implementation guidelines should discuss
subject confirmation.
Rob agrees issue is closed.

Item 5: Scott has updated the text but wonders if it is much improved.
Rob will review
and believes it is closed.

Item 6: closed.

Item 7: Scott will make editorial update to same.

Item 8: text has been re-spun.

Item 9: Done

Item 10: Close.

Item 11: There is a reason for this choice, there is no issue here.

Item 12: Updated in text.

Item 13: Agreed to update to InvalidAttrNameOrValue

Item 14: Update text to reflect that it is used more generally, whenever
NameIDPolicy cannot be
satisfied.

Item 15: Rob agrees it is good enough.

Item 16: closed.

Item 17: Scott argues that this text is intentional, does not want to
import binding-related notions into the core.

Item 18: Closed.

Item 19: Closed

Item 20: Resoulution SSO profile will include sentence that AllowCreate
element
should have value true to enable creation of federated identifier when
fulfilling
AuthNRequest.

Item 21: Test has been updated. Closed.

Item 22: Text updated. Closed.

11.

Open AI regarding update of IETF MIME type information.

NEW AGENDA ITEMS

(1) Mail from Thomas Wisniewski on Name Identifier Update
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200411/msg00014.h
tml

Suggestion: omit the word persistent, add sentence saying that protocol
is
not typically used for transient identifiers.

(2) Comment from JP Morgan
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services-comment/200411/ms
g00000.html

Prateek: I will respond to this message, SSTC considered this feature,
decided it didn;t fit
within our timelines. We are open to considering this type of
functionality in the future.

(3) Rob's message on profiles-2.0-cd-02

Scott: processing rule for Address is described in the section.

(4)
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200411/msg00021.h
tml

Item 1: Scott to pull text on inheritance from parent from material that
follows.

Item 2: Discussion if there is any clarification needed here. Proposal
to add comment explaining
why there might be more than one <IDPSSODecscriptor> elements with
different settings.

Item 3: Remains as is.

Item 4: Discussion around whether this can be accommodated in the
current go-around. Greg asks
why it isn't it enough that each partner receives data relevant to them.
Suggestion to add
to metadata specfication explaining that metadata does not include any
means of targetting
information to particular partners.

Item 5: Suggestion to allow portions of attribute authority descriptor
to apply to IdPs.

Item 6: As in 5.

Item 7: Review the current text and update if needed.