Subject: RE: [security-services] Re: Question about IPR on the final SAML V2 specs

And one additional clarification...
> >  > only AOL and Fidelity had issued patents that applied to ID-FF.

My statement was not quite correct.  It should say that AOL and Fidelity
are the only companies with issued patents that apply to ID-FF *** who
provided notices of withdrawal from the default licensing terms as
specified in the Liberty member agreement ***.

RSA Security also has patents that we believe apply to ID-FF.  These are
the same patents described in our notice to OASIS for SAML V1.x and
V2.0.  The only difference is that for Liberty, we accepted the
licensing terms as specified in the Liberty member agreement and thus we
did not need to file a separate notice with Liberty.

I was trying to avoid confusing things even more than they already are
by just referring to those companies that had filed notices with
Liberty. However, someone pointed out to me that my statement was
technically incorrect, so I figured I better correct it.

SAML
> V2 specs
>
> Yes - those are important points.
>
> Thanks Jeff.