Subject: RE: [security-services] NameIDPolicy Format use clarification

> Hi, just wanted to get a clarification on the format
> attribute (when it's valued with ...encrypted) inside of
> NameIDPolicy. It seems to imply that the requester cannot
> specify a particular format it wants (where the NameID coming
> back is in encrypted form). For example, what if I want an
> encrypted  ....emailAddress NameID.  Was that the intent?

Yes, the use case for anything more advanced wasn't obvious, and the
complexity vs. just leaving it out of band seemed like a bad trade off. It
used to be impossible to ask for anything, and use of encrypted IDs
themselves tend to be fairly specialized, since you can just encrypt the
whole thing anyway.