Subject: Groups - Action Item Modified: #0144 Explainoptional subject decision

OASIS Security Services (SAML) TC member,

Prateek Mishra has modified this action item.

Number: #0144
Owner: Ms Eve Maler

Comments:
Prateek Mishra  2004-04-29 21:51 GMT
*** AI: Eve: Optional subject implemented in core spec prose. Schema shows that subject is optional.

o        Eve: Has wanted to create a rationale for some of the decisions made on spec. Decision on subject less statements is a good example of what needs to be documented. Making an explicit design decision that is not really explicit on. By choosing to add prose to core spec we're making a stealth abstract profile (generic design decision) that applies to all explicit profiles.

o        Scott: data model (design) decision to require subjects in all SAML statements.

Rob Philpott  2004-07-20 02:05 GMT
13-Jul con-call minutes note that the issue should be closed. and that Eve "may work on commentary".

Rob Philpott  2004-07-23 17:02 GMT
20July con-call:
Eve: The thought here was that we may have an optional post-V2.1 deliverable that explains the "XML rationales" for various things.

JohnK: But there are selected places in the actual specs where it would be helpful; he has suggested these.  Eve: Let's treat these comments one by one, then.

Rob Philpott  2004-08-03 05:35 GMT
27-Jul: Per SSTC call: Still open. Deferred to post SAML 2.0

Prateek Mishra  2005-01-18 04:24 GMT
- Eve: not sure why this resurfaced

- thought we put in more explanatory text in core, and then were going

  to write a technical white paper about the schema

View Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=547

- OASIS Open Administration