Subject: Re: [security-services] Interop events

Hi Cameron,

This is very timely as we have now pretty much put the
SAML 2.0 specifications to bed.

(1) Interops: My guess is that there will be
additional opportunities for interop driven by
interest from conferences/meetings. The OASIS folks
(Andy, Dee) will help keep us in the loop on this.
SSTC members can also propose/lobby for interop
events.

(2) Conformance: I hope that the SSTC will take an
interest in this issue and that volunteers will take
this work forward. As SAML 2.0 implementations become
pervasive, there is a danger that some implementations
may have errors or misunderstandings. It would be
great if we had a document that summarized all the
tests a conformant implementation should pass. There
is also an opportunity here for a vendor to build an
implementation against the conformance test suite
specification. But first we need some "champions" for
this issue (hint, hint...).

- prateek