Subject: XPath Attribute Profile: Use cases

Here are some use cases I see for an xpath attribute profile.

Use case 1: SAML attributes from existing liberty data services
Attribute Authorities can use the existing liberty data services, employee profile (EP) and personal profile (PP), to create attribute statements in assertions.  Specifically, each leaf node can be identified and asserted.  (more nodes would be useful but the text nodes is really what I'm after.  These profiles enumerate an XPath for each text node).

Use case 2: SAML attributes from generic liberty data services
Attribute Authorities can use any liberty profile to create attribute statements in assertions.  This is really any XML document associated with a user.  Parts of the document can be identified and asserted.
(Conforming to the liberty data services template simply means that a service can be queried or modified with liberty's query or modify.  Instead I'd like a way to query via SAML's attribute query.)

Use case 3: SAML attributes from General XML documents
Attribute Authorities can use any XML document associated with the user to create attribute statements in assertions.

Use case 4: Query for attributes from XML documents
Query for attributes in XML documents (use cases 1-3)

Use case 5: Advertise in meta-data attributes from XML documents
Publish available attributes derived from XML documents (use cases 1-3)

- Cameron

Cameron Morris
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Linux and identity solutions
http://www.novell.com