OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

security-services message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Agenda for SSTC Conference Call, May 24

Dial in info: +1 865 673 6950 #351-8396

1. Accept minutes from May 10 conference call
2. Re-visit tabled motion from May 10

(a) Proposal to create an electronic ballot for CD status for:


available at


(b) Proposal to create an electronic ballot for CD status for:


available at


SAML 1.1 Testing Referral Program Proposal Update


Proposal from Meritt Maxim, CA, (Merritt.maxim@ca.com)

 formation of a sub-group to help enhance SAML adoption

The purpose of the SAML Adoption sub-group is to promote 
the adoption of the SAML standard within large organizations
that will help these organizations reduce operating costs
and complexity. The sub-group will achieve this by
recommending and executing on a marketing plan. Initially
the sub-group will promote the work of the SAML
Specification release(s) and will align with ongoing SAML
technical efforts post release of the SAML Specification(s).
The scope of the sub-group is to recruit new members 
to join the OASIS SAML group, and create and coordinate member
communications and outbound communications. It
will supervise press and analyst relations such as briefings,
releases, and announcements to promote the adoption of
SAML for identity federation. It shall manage communications
to OASIS SAML members and end-users and recruit new members through
the OASIS SAML website, collateral, newsletters, and webinars.
To promote SAML positioning and the value proposition, the
sub-group shall update existing white papers, FAQs, overview
documents and user scenarios as well as create new materials
as needed. The sub-group will also establish relationships
with other organizations concerned with federated identity to
ensure inclusion of SAML when appropriate. The sub-group will also
assist in coordinating the promotional efforts of member companies
relating to SAML.

5. Technical overview status: (sstc-saml-tech-overview-2[1].0-draft-05.pdf)

Most recent draft at:


6. Errata Status (sstc-saml-errata-2.0-draft-06)

Most recent draft at

Relevant threads:

(a) Comments on metadata 2.0 extension spec

(b) Another attempt at AllowCreate cleanup


7. Open Action Items

#0221: Request copy of Thomas Grosz paper for inclusion in SSTC archives
Owner: Maryann Hondo
Status: Open
Assigned: 2005-04-12
Due: ---

#0217: Explore with OASIS how best to do publication of redlined specs based on errata.
Owner: Eve Maler
Status: Open
Assigned: 2005-03-30
Due: ---

#0216: Formulate some suggested redline text for E7 for review.
Owner: Jahan Moreh
Status: Open
Assigned: 2005-03-30
Due: ---

#0213: Prepare final CD draft of metadata-1x document and submit it to OASIS
Owner: Eve Maler
Status: Open
Assigned: 2005-03-29

Due: ---
COMMENT: also includes meta-data extension draft

#0210: Links to new IPR policy to be sent to SSTC
Owner: Rob Philpott
Status: Open
Assigned: 2005-03-15
Due: ---

#0208: Run additional tests to check issues with deflate encoding and rfc1951 (java libraries)
Owner: Scott Cantor
Status: Open
Assigned: 2005-03-01
Due: ---

#0180: Need to update SAML server trust document
Owner: Jeff Hodges
Status: Open
Assigned: 2004-07-12
Due: ---



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]