Subject: ECP operational mode and the identity provider discovery profile

I had taken an action at the last conference call (June 7) to respond to Eric's comment. I agree with his suggestion that "the relevant cell in the matrix should say OPTIONAL rather than N/A."

Jahan: could you please add this to the errata list.

- prateek

Comment from: eric@projectliberty.org

Name: Eric Tiffany
Title: Interop and Conformance Technical Lead
Regarding Specification: Conformance

The Feature Matrix (Table 2), last row, lists Identity Provider Discovery as N/A in the ECP column.  However, the Profiles spec (line 725) notes that "The ECP MAY use the SAML identity provider discovery profile" to determine the IdP.

So I think that the relevant cell in the matrix should say OPTIONAL rather than N/A.