Subject: RE: [security-services] ECP SSO Profile and Metadata

Title: RE: [security-services] ECP SSO Profile and Metadata

Scott, just one item below.

Technically, speaking the SSO endpoint should NOT be urn:...:SOAP, but rather something different like SOAP-ECP (must like HTTP-xxx is formulated). Consider the technical possibility of issuing an AuthnRequest over SOAP (like one might issue an AttributeQuery). The mechanisms of how these are sent and processed would be completely different (much like HTTP-Post and HTTP-Artifact are different albeit they use HTTP). So we really talking about something like SOAP-Basic (for lack of a better term) and SOAP-ECP. This way if could, as you confirmed in the first item above, have 2 diff implementations/endpoints for the 2 different types of SOAP-based requests. As it stands now, because of the convenience of not having a profile defined that may use SOAP-Basic and SOAP-ECP, we can get away with say the endpoint is SSO with binding "urn:...:SOAP". However from an implementation standpoint, one does in fact need to overload these 2 SOAP-based bindings inside of one endpoint. So if you were attempting to handle "urn:...:SOAP" in a generic way, you are out of luck.