Subject: Re: [security-services] Groups -draft-saml-xpath-attribute-profile-05.pdf(draft-saml-xpath-attribute-profile-05.pdf) modified

Cameron Morris wrote:
>>- Same section: You don't say where the ResourceIndicator attribute
>>should be used, nor in the schema snippet do you show the element(s)
>>that contain or reference this attribute.  Also, language here is
>>fairly confusing on the XML vs. SAML attribute front.  Finally, it
>>might be safest if the combination of ResourceIndicator and
>>XPath-formatted attribute name is described in terms of how to
>>properly turn it into a valid URI.
>

> Well, the schema snippet is really the whole schema.  The saml:attribute
> element already has an 'anyAttribute' so there isn't anything else to do
> schema-wise.  So to clarify the text how about something like the
> following:
>
> Current: "The attribute ResourceIndicator MAY specify the URI of a
> specific document."
>
> How about: "SAML <Attribute> elements MAY add a ResourceIndicator
> attribute to specify the URI of a specific document."

I agree with Scott's later comment that the schema needs a
namespace, and the whole schema should be included in the spec
snippet.  And I do agree that spec text is needed to definitively
associate ResourceIndicator with <Attribute>, particularly since
otherwise it's just a local attribute floating around.  Is it
possible to add, to your new suggested wording, an indication of
what it means (it's probably just application-specific) if no
ResourceIndicator is present?

	Eve
--
Eve Maler                                         +1 425 947 4522
Technology Director                           eve.maler @ sun.com