Subject: RE: [security-services] Transient IDs and SAML Conformance

Title: RE: [security-services] Transient IDs and SAML Conformance

Are we saying that in order to be SAML 2.0 IDP/SP conformant, every implementer must support transient and persistent id formats completely. Specifically this includes:

- An IDP can successfully respond with assertion responses to authn requests that contain NameIDPolicy name id format requests of "...transient "(where the value/xml format follows the SAML specs).

- An SP can successfully accept an assertion who NameID format is "...transient". For example, iniiated by an unsolicited Saml SSO login at the IDP.

- An SP can successfully create an implementation specific web session for the transient user (however this is done). The main point being that the transient user can obtain access to some protected resources that cannot be accessed without some type of authntication at the SP.

- An SP (or IDP) can generate a SAML SLO operation (user initiated, for example), such that the a Single Logout message can be sent to the IDP (or SP) identifyinig the transient name if format and value as well as the SAML session index.

- An SP (or IDP) can process a SAML SLO request from an IDP (or SP) whose NameID uses theh previously created transient name if format and value as well as the SAML session index.

Does everyone agree that the above stmts would be true of ANY SAML 2.0 conformant IDP/SP implementation?

Tom.