Subject: RE: [security-services] Action Items 236 and 231

Title: RE: [security-services] Action Items 236 and 231

Scott, see below

Wouldn't this apply to the SubjectConfirmation's Recipient attribute as well?

> > *#0231*: SOAP client cert authn and reln to SAML messages
>
> My memory of this "issue" isn't great, but I suppose we could
> add clarifying
> text to section 3.1.2.2 of Bindings by adding a sentence to the first
> paragraph:
>
> "Note that when SSL/TLS authentication is used, an X.509 certificate
> presented by a peer is typically used to authenticate
> messages produced by
> that peer, but the means by which the relationship is
> established between
> the identity in the certificate and the identity of the peer
> is not defined
> by SAML."

Since it's the identity of the peer as determined by the contents of the actual SAML message, how about changing your proposed text from

"between the identity in the certificate and the identity of the peer is not defined."

"between the identity in the certificate and the identity of the peer defined by the SAML message content, i.e., SAML message issuer, is not defined."