Subject: RE: [security-services] Submitting SAML to ITU-T SG 17

Title: [security-services] Submitting SAML to ITU-T SG 17

I don’t recall that we ever took up this topic… I didn’t see it in a quick scan of the minutes.  Abbie, I apologize for the oversight.

As it so happens, I just heard through the grapevine that the ITU Security standards group has announced an agreement with OASIS to submit SAML to ITU-T for widespread use in the telecom security community.

I wasn’t aware that OASIS was running with the ball for us, but that’s fine.  They (and Hal) had done some legwork on this during SAML 1.1.

Does anyone else have any additional details?  Mary?

Rob Philpott
Senior Consulting Engineer
RSA Security Inc.
Tel: 781-515-7115