Subject: Re: [security-services] SAML 2.0 Constrained Delegation Profile

Anne,

Thanks for your note with links to recent XACML outputs.

As I understand it, the scope for the SSTC effort is modest - some means
of expressing constrained delegation within a
SAML assertion. I should have a draft (vs e-mail) published by the 30th.

I dont believe there is any direct overlap with XACML efforts in the
area of delegation policy. So the answer to
your question [A] below is: it isn't in scope for us. Of course, how
XACML might choose to use SAML assertions to
convey policy or delegation-related matter is another matter. I would
hope there would be some way to layer such
usage on top of the SAML delegation profile.

Why don't we plan on a follow-up discussion in mid-january? Is this a
reasonable approach?

- prateek