Subject: RE: Encryption guidance

> Seeings as I can't find Scott's email as a stand-alone, here
> is the info below, put into a word document (for editing).

I wish the spammers had your address book.

> Also, just FYI, I did include an example at the end with
> multiple keys within the Encrypted Data - this should cover
> the "broadcast" scenario that was discussed on this morning's
> call. I checked with our local WS-I/BSP folks and they
> believe that this is compatible with BSP guidelines, even
> though it is within the scope of SAML.

This seems understandable, if convoluted, but one question...what's the
purpose of the <ReferenceList> in the <EncryptedKey> elements? Or, I should
say, what's different about the broadcast example vs. the other two
examples?

It seems like you could use <ReferenceList> (or not) uniformly in all the
examples, but it doesn't appear to specifically pertain to the broadcast use
case. The <CarriedKeyName> aliasing seems independent of it.

Is it a requirement of these libraries that the Data reference the Key and
vice versa, or is one direction (Data->Key) sufficient?

I'm just wordsmithing mostly, but this seemed more substantive. Pending the
answer, I'll supply revised text.