Subject: [SAML assertions in TLS proposal]

SSTC folks may be interested in the document below, which proposes a
method to carry both X.509 attribute certificates and SAML assertions via
the TLS protocol as "authorization data".  It's very simple as it stands,
and the SAML-specific text could be improved I'm sure.  Of course the real
question is how this might be used, where I'm sure we could imagine lots
of profile text for particular purposes.  Anyway FYI.

  - RL "Bob"

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 12:51:05 -0500
From: Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>
To: tls@ietf.org
Cc: mark@redphonesecurity.com
Subject: [TLS] Please review draft-housley-tls-authz-extns-00.txt

Dear TLS Working Group:

I am the co-author of this document.  If the TLS WG is interested in making
this a WG work item, that is fine with me.  If not, I am also willing to see it
progress as a standards-track individual submission.  Either way, I would
really appreciate the TLS WG review and comment.

    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-housley-tls-authz-extns-00.txt

Thanks,
   Russ