Subject: Draft Minutes SSTC Call - June 6, 2006

Dial in info: +1 865 673 6950; Access code: 270-9441#

1. Roll Call & Agenda Review

2. Approve minutes from May 23 con-call

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200605/msg00031.h
tml

(missing attendance list)

>New minutes posted message #6 from June - Approved, no objection

3. Informational

a. Five CD drafts in public review -

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200605/msg00013.h
tml

Call for disclosure

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200605/msg00017.h
tml

>Prateek: Please review before review period closes

b. GUIDE: Creating a European Identity Management Architecture for
e-Govt

http://istrg.som.surrey.ac.uk/projects/guide/project_synopsis.html

>Prateek: Any members aware of this initiative?
>Hal: They are looking for a home for their final project.  Maybe this
>applies to our adoption sub-committee?
>Prateek: I have invited them to visit with us for possible discussion
of
>the project

>Bob: Also, Shibboleth project looking at starting an initiative to use
SAML
>2 if anyone would like to participate.

4. CD Vote (scheduled at last conference call)

Full Majority Vote required (50% of voting members)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#3.1

a). SAML Protocol Extension for Authentication Context Combinations

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/document.php?docum
ent_id=18254

b). Schema for a)
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/document.php?docum
ent_id=18255

c). SAML Protocol Extension for Shared Authentication Context
Combinations
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/document.php?docum
ent_id=17633

d). Schema for c)
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/document.php?docum
ent_id=17634

>Prateek: Correct links for above in message #7
>
>Corrected links:
>
>a). SAML Protocol Extension for Authentication Context Combinations
>
>http://www.oasis->open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/document.php?doc
ument_id=18254

>b). Schema for a)
>http://www.oasis->open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/document.php?doc
ument_id=18255

>c). SAML Protocol Extension for Shared Authentication Context
Combinations
>http://www.oasis->open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/document.php?doc
ument_id=18586

>d) Schema for c)
>http://www.oasis->open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/document.php?doc
ument_id=17634

>Paul: Move to CD vote
>Eve: Second
>Prateek: Discussion
>Ashish: Vote is for Version 02 of c) document
>*Prateek: Motion passes, unanimous consent

5. Errata Review sstc-saml-errata-2.0-draft-30.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/download.php/18569

#6:

3.  Move the x500:Encoding attribute to the Attribute element.
Suggests that future encoding rules will be uniform across all values of
an attribute, but otherwise fully consistent with intent of profile.

>John Hughes: Offered to poll various UK government organizations on how

>they use the attributes

>Prateek: Action to resolve this for next meeting.  Let take Greg's
proposal
>(Message 29 - option #6) as the preferred resolution and see if there
are
>any objections.

>*John to post new e-mail with item 6 as proposed resolution to PE53

>Prateek: We can make a technical choice but can't resolve this without
>creating a new version.
>Hal: We can plan on a resolution to the problem though for a future
version.
>Hal: Options to publish, there is only one process for OASIS, to run
errata
>through OASIS standard track, anything else is un-official.
>Possible Options:

>Re-issuing 1 or more profiles
>Re-issue SAML 2.1
>Wait for SAML X

>Prateek: We will come to a technical agreement on the choice. Then
figure
>out how to publish.

6. Discussion threads

Options for correction of LDAP/X.500 attrprofile
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200605/msg00029.h
tml

7. Open AIs

#0259: Propose text to resolve PE 49 - Clarification on attribute name
format (The relationship between an attribute's NameFormat and its
syntax is not clear.)
Owner: Scott Cantor
Assigned: 2006-04-26
Due: 2006-05-15

--------

#0240: Status of SAML 2.0 submission to ITU T
Owner: Abbie Barbir
Assigned: 2005-11-08
Due: ---

--------

#0238: Plan for red-line versions of SAML 2.0
Owner: Eve Maler
Assigned: 2005-11-08

>Prateek: No action for this meeting

Other Items