Subject: Re: comments: draft-sstc-saml-metadata-ext-query-02

On 8/28/06, Scott Cantor <cantor.2@osu.edu> wrote:
> > Where is protocolSupportEnumeration specified for a standalone V1.1
> > attribute requester?
>
> In the other document, like 5 times, plus the catch all.

Only the "catch all" is relevant.

> "Use of the <md:RoleDescriptor> abstract element with an xsi:type derived
> from md:RoleDescriptorType is undefined by this profile, but MAY be defined
> elsewhere as appropriate; usage of the protocolSupportEnumeration attribute
> SHOULD be consistent with this profile when used with SAML V1.x entities."

As far as I can tell, this passage says the use case I mentioned above
is undefined, and moreover, it is not defined elsewhere (in
particular, in the metadata extension spec) so it's not at all clear
(to me anyways :) what's supposed to be done in the case of V1.x
entities.

Tom