Subject: SAML Profiles for X.509 Subjects

I've uploaded two new document sets (odt, pdf, odg, xsd) to the repository:

SAML V1.1 Profiles for X.509 Subjects:
  X.509 SAML Subject Profile
  SAML Assertion Profile for X.509 Subjects
  SAML Attribute Query Profile for X.509 Subjects
  SAML Attribute Self-Query Profile for X.509 Subjects

SAML V2.0 Profiles for X.509 Subjects:
  X.509 SAML Subject Profile
  SAML Assertion Profile for X.509 Subjects
  SAML Attribute Query Profile for X.509 Subjects
  SAML Attribute Self-Query Profile for X.509 Subjects

The latter has been formulated as draft-11 of the Attribute Sharing
Profile.  Since this is a significant rewrite, however, there is no
redline version between draft-10 and draft-11.  For this reason, I
have no problem forking this onto a completely separate track, if
that's what people want to do.

As you can see, the organization of the new profile is very different
than the Attribute Sharing Profile.  The latter focuses on Enhanced
Mode whereas the new document is layered with reusable components.
This leads naturally to a Self-Query Profile, which is completely new.

As far as I know, there is nothing in this new set of profiles that
precludes anything currently specified in the Attribute Sharing
Profile.  In other words, a deployment of the latter automatically
satisfies the requirements of the former.  If anyone finds this is not
the case, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Tom Scavo
NCSA/University of Illinois