Subject: RE: [security-services] Groups -sstc-saml-x509-authn-attrib-profile-draft-11.sxw uploaded

Tom,

Looking at the minutes from 9-12-2006, there's a bit of a disconnect, to my mind, between the discussion and the wording of the AI:

<snip>

	Ari: Take CD02 and incorporate a number of comments that are improvements
	and corrections and republish.

	Tom: Most of these were done in drafts 9 and 10.

	Greg: The SSTC encourages the development of a deployment scenario that
	meets the requirements of the "grid".

	Hal: We have not had a CD vote since the public review.

	Prateek: Nothing has happened beyond the closing of the CD review. We have
	not moved beyond.

	Rob: We can respond to the comments that were received during the public
	review and change the CD (as long as there are not normative).

	Hal: Let's table any discussions regarding other deployment notes/profiles.
	If Tom and a couple of other active folks can work on a new version of the
	Attribute Query profile then we can move this forward.

	Prateek: Asks Ari if he can take ownership.

	Ari: How large of a change would be acceptable to the process. In other
	words, if the new CD makes changes to the document's structure, would that
	be a problem

	Prateek: start from CD02 and make changes with "track changes" on.

	Tom: most (if not all) of the comments during public review are captured in
	drafts 9 and 10. Draft 11 is a different document with normative changes.

	ACTION: Ari will take draft 10 and in consultation with Tom (and others)
	will produce a draft 10a for SSTC review.

The concern I had with drafts 9 and 10 was that the structural and normative changes were too extensive to be consistent with what we were trying to accomplish by creating your new draft series for deployment profiles, etc. as distinct from the post-CD draft of the original profile.

After the discussion, I thought we were in agreement that I should start from CD02, and incorporate the comments based on the work that you had done through draft-10. However, the AI's wording seems to suggest that production of draft-11 should literally start from draft-10. I think that would be a mistake, as rolling back the draft-10 changes that we plan to omit from draft-11 will be quite a bit more painful.

::Ari