OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

security-services message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of the SSTC Concall, May 22, 2007

Minutes SSTC Concall, May 22, 2007

Dial in info: +1 865 673 6950;
Access code: 270-9441#

Roll Call & Agenda Review

Attendance details at message end.

We need a volunteer to take minutes.

Abi to take minutes next call (for real this time) 

Hal proposed doc formatting discussion in other business.

1.    Approve minutes from May 8 with attendance 

2.    Administrative

2.1. New Ballot to approve documents as a Committee in progress

Hal - New ballot ends tonight.  We do have sufficient votes for it to
pass.  No harm in additional votes.

2.2 Reminder need attestations of successful use

Hal - as of June 1st new rules require that you must attest to use
against a specific conformance clause.  

Scott - but that is as of June 1, and these specs are grandfathered in.

2.3 Need Errata editor

Hal - looking for an errata editor to replace Eve and her faithful
service.  We need a volunteer... 

3. Public Reviews

3.1 60 Public review of 4 specs (AI#290) - status

Hal - editors: what is the status?

Paul - waiting on confirmation that we had met the requirements.

Hal - we need to put together a list

Scott - But we need to solve URI issue.  
Consider docs resubmitted as best effort to the standard.   As long as
URI issue is sorted out.

Brian - talked with Mary and URI can be whatever we want, within the
guidelines.  Send her an email to confirm it.  Then she will place docs
in the appropriate place on the docs.oasis-open.org site.

Hal - just put the URI in there and admin will take care of it.

Scott - links are to doc.oasis not kavi.  

Hal - for each set of docs, send chairs a link to current docs.

Paul - will aggregate the links to the docs and send to chairs.

** new AI ***

3.2  Public Review of Errata Document (AI#291) - status

Hal - Brian inquired and OASIS basically said that there must be a clean
public review.  And we have two issues 1) a typo.  2) new errata item
that has been reported and not processed.  

Two choices:  fix typo and vote now?  Or process new errata and include

Brian - also editorial issues.  Need to do editorial changes before we
submit. Suggest that we fix typo and do editorial changes and submit.

Hal - Need volunteer to do this?  Hopefully by next call.

Scott - if it is just the formatting stuff, I can do it by next call. 

Hal - vote to move errata to public review once changes are made.

Scott - pending someone to officially take over errata, will take it. 

Hal - We need a full majority vote to public review.  

The typo issue can be found at

Hal - need 3 votes:

One: vote to committee draft
Two: affirm that there is no substantive change
Three: move to 15 day public review

Scott move
Eve second

No objections to unanimous consent.

Scott - where to put the errata?  

Eve - put it in the 2.0 folder, not the post 2.0 folder.

4.    New Documents 

4.1 Updated WSDL uploaded to document repository

Hal - same doc as posted to mailing list?

Greg - yes.

Hal - what are we going to do with this doc over time?  Don't think we
want to take it to a standard but maybe to committee spec?

Greg - seems reasonable.

5.    Other Business

Scott - create the post 2.0 folder for these new docs.

Hal - document what we are doing on the wiki

Hal - document formats, Scott posted something re his action item
recently.  Hal gives a short history on formatting.  TCs have taken
different approaches and even had their own format.  There is pressure
to have XHTML because of access and uniformity.  Wanted to require TC to
provide editable format.  Also there was a group that wanted something,
that ended up being PDF, that would have fixed line numbers.  Now XHTML
has become a problem.  Current policy is to try and produce good XHTML
but if it is too difficult, then HTML is ok.

? - Goals are laudable, but are they written down somewhere?

Hal - yes, a document that changed over time.  Not sure where it is, Hal
to have action item to find it and post it to the list.

Scott - my concern is that all of this must go though Mary or admin
every time.

Hal - agreed, one concern is how administrators spend their time.  This
and IPR have taken more time than expected.  

Scott - we need a consensus about level of quality that is sufficient
and is solely editor driven.  

Hal - will pass that along to OAISIS

Scott - Is the goal readability or XHTML?  

Greg - can XSLT help?

Scott - Doubtful.  The best we've don't here is save as html and then
tidy it up.  Readability vs. valid XHTML, we need to know what the goal

Hal - Will try and clarify intend.

Hal - the other issue was about conformance criteria.  There is a
request from this TC and others about conformance clauses.  Hal to take
action to post a link to conformance clause requirements and a link to
how to communicate with the TAB.
** new AIs **

Scott - we'll need to address this with SAML.

Hal - my understanding is that SAML 2 meets the criteria.  Now
attestation will be to a conformance clause.

Scott - Suggest that conformance statement should be relative to an
errata version.  This would allow for substantive changes in errata.

Hal - but you can't make such changes.

Scott - but this would be a loophole but is consistent with the

Hal - but the intent of errata is to not introduce changes that are not

Scott - but an erratum isn't useful when held to this standard.  Or we
need a way to produce minor revision of the specs.  

Hal - Scott, helpful if you could put down your suggestions.  FYI, there
is a TC that is being formed around the issue of conformance.  We are
looking for practical feedback and not trying to make everyone's life is

General agreement that more discussion is warranted.

6.    AIs

#0282: AuthnContextDecl and AuthnContextDeclRef Confusion
Owner: Eric Tiffany
Status: Open
Assigned: 2007-03-27
Due: ---

No change.

#0283: Change final arrows to solid in Tech Overview diagrams
Owner: Paul Madsen
Status: Open
Assigned: 2007-03-27
Due: ---

Waiting until after formatting issues are resolved and after public

#0285: Send out list of nearly finished specs which may require
attestation of use
Owner: Paul Madsen
Status: Open
Assigned: 2007-04-11
Due: 2007-04-24

It is the 4 specs.  CLOSED.

#0286: Research the use of LDAP language tags
Owner: Bob Morgan
Status: Open
Assigned: 2007-04-11
Due: 2007-04-24

Leave open until material is circulated

#0290: Request 60 day Public review of 4 specs (see comment)
Owner: Hal Lockhart
Status: Open
Assigned: 2007-04-11
Due: 2007-04-24

#0291: Request Public Review of Errata Document
Owner: Hal Lockhart
Status: Open
Assigned: 2007-04-11
Due: 2007-04-24

#0294: Propose text and schema change for NameIDMappingResponse errata
Owner: Greg Whitehead
Status: Open
Assigned: 2007-05-10
Due: ---

Just posted to list before call, CLOSED.

#0295: Chairs to discuss Document URL issue/procedure with OASIS admins
Owner: Brian Campbell
Status: Open
Assigned: 2007-05-10
Due: 2007-05-16


#0296: Investigate specifics of the OASIS XHTML doc format requirement
Owner: Scott Cantor
Status: Open
Assigned: 2007-05-10
Due: ---


#0297: Discuss possibility of exception for Approved Errata Doc with
Owner: Brian Campbell
Status: Open
Assigned: 2007-05-10
Due: ---


Attendance Details

Attendance of Voting Members

  Steve Anderson BMC Software
  Abbie Barbir Nortel
  Brian Campbell Ping Identity
  Carolina Canales-Valenzuela Ericsson
  Scott Cantor Internet2
  Peter Davis NeuStar
  George Fletcher AOL
  Heather Hinton IBM
  Jeff Hodges NeuStar
  Ari Kermaier Oracle
  Hal Lockhart BEA Systems, Inc
  Paul Madsen NTT Corporation
  Eve Maler Sun Microsystems
  Prateek Mishra Oracle
  Ashish Patel France Telecom
  Rob Philpott EMC Corporation
  David Staggs Veteran's Health Admin
  Greg Whitehead Hewlett-Packard Company
  Emily Xu Sun Microsystems

Attendance of Non-Voting Members

  Conor P. Cahill Intel
  Anil Saldhana Red Hat

Membership Status Changes

  Paul Toal Capgemini-  Withdrew 5/10/2007
  Anil Saldhana Red Hat - Granted voting status after 5/22/2007 call
  Chris Laskowski Booz Allen Hamilton - Lost voting status after
5/22/2007 call

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]