Subject: Re: [security-services] Comments on Tech Overview rev 13

Thaks Tom, that would be my view as well -  but in the past thread you
appear to be arguing the opposite for the 'resource' steps :-)

Tom Scavo wrote

 >> Eve wrote

 > > - Sec 4.1.2, Figure 12 (and globally throughout all the figures): I
 > > suspect the arrow for step 1, "Access resource", is supposed to be
 > > dotted, not solid, because it's out of band for SAML.  (This is
 > > probably a bug of long standing -- I'm sorry!)

My interpretation is just the opposite.  By all indications, steps 1
and 7 are in band and in scope.  In particular, see sections 4.1.3.1
and 4.1.3.6 in SAMLProf.

paul