Subject: Re: [security-services] FW: Guidelines on Conformance Clauses

Breaking it up into multiple paragraphs helps, but there still seems
to be some confusion in the first sentence.  As Ari pointed out, an
implementation may conform to one or both modes.  My first attempt,
and the rewrite below, seem to suggest otherwise.

On the other hand, Encrypted Mode is an extension of Basic Mode (see
line 336 of CD-03) so I don't see how it's possible to support
Encrypted Mode without supporting Basic Mode in some sense.  That's
why my initial attempt called out support for one or the other modes
(but not both).

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/download.php/24299/sstc-saml-x509-authn-attrib-profile-cd-03.pdf

The Deployment Profiles for X.509 Subjects has exactly the same issue,
by the way.

Tom