OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

security-services message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [security-services] Minutes, SSTC Concall, October 09, 2007 (Draft)

Attendance data added below.
Steve Anderson
BMC Software

-----Original Message-----
From: Anil Saldhana [mailto:Anil.Saldhana@redhat.com] 
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 12:42 PM
Subject: [security-services] Minutes, SSTC Concall, October 09, 2007

SSTC Concall, October 9, 2007

Roll Call & Agenda Review
- Need a volunteer to take minutes (Anil Saldhana)
Quorum (16 out of 22 voting members)

Attendance of Voting Members

  Brian Campbell Ping Identity
  Scott Cantor Internet2
  Frederick Hirsch Nokia
  Jeff Hodges NeuStar
  Ari Kermaier Oracle
  Hal Lockhart BEA Systems, Inc
  Paul Madsen NTT Corporation
  Eve Maler Sun Microsystems
  Anthony Nadalin IBM
  Rob Philpott EMC Corporation
  Anil Saldhana Red Hat
  Tom Scavo National Center for Supercomputing Applications
  Kent Spaulding Tripod Technology Group
  David Staggs Veteran's Health Admin
  Eric Tiffany IEEE Industry Standards
  Emily Xu Sun Microsystems
Attendance of Non-Voting Members
  Abbie Barbir Nortel
  George Fletcher AOL
  Charles Knouse HP
  Prateek Mishra Oracle

Membership Status Changes
  Jeff Bohren BMC Software - Lost voting status after 10-09-2007 call
  Bob Morgan Internet2 - Lost voting status after 10-09-2007 call
  Lakshmi Thiyagarajan Hewlett-Packard Company - Lost voting status
after 10-09-2007 call

1. Approve minutes from September 25

2. Administrative
SSTC home page updates
- Brian: done some work and thinks the homepage needs some cleanup.
- Eve: everything needs to be moved to wiki; looks better.
- Hal: TC members have write access.

3. Document Status

3.1 Docs on their way to OS
Metadata Profile for the OASIS Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML)

Metadata Extension for SAML V2.0 and V1.x Query Requesters

Currently in review period and will go to vote on Oct 16. 
Encourage your organizational rep
to cast their ballot. 

3.2 Docs pending public review

Pending 15/60 Day Review
*SAML V2.0 Attribute Sharing Profile for X.509 Authentication-Based
Systems (CD 04)
*SAMLv2.0 HTTP POST "SimpleSign" Binding (CD 02)

It's been suggested (Tom, Scott) that a 60 day review would be most

Pending 60 Day Review
*SAML V2.0 Deployment Profiles for X.509 Subjects (CD 02)
*Identity Provider Discovery Service Protocol and Profile (CD 02)

Motion:  To move the documents to 60 day review. (Unananimous Consent - 
- Brian: action item for the chair to prepare package to send to Mary
- Tom: Wiki has links that will be useful to prepare package
- Scott: No editorial issues remaining

3.3 Approved Errata
Last call we "confirming the proposed corrections as Approved Errata by 
a Full Majority Vote"

Brian: Meeting adjourned. See you in two weeks.
Next Steps?  Still need updated doc (AI#305)?

Brian: Unclear on next step regarding (AI#305).
Eve: Just have to say that it is an errata document.

4 Discussions
4.1 SAML metadata lifecycle issues

Eve: Nothing to report.
Hal: Drop from agenda for the time being.

4.2 Proposal for extensions to Authentication Context
Hal: Probably in a couple of weeks.

5 Other business

6 Action Items

#0309: Locate the link to the current "working errata" document and
follow up with Abbie Barbir (who we think volunteered) about getting the
new crop of errata recorded.
Owner: Eve Maler
Status: Open
Assigned: 2007-09-18
Due: ---

Eve: Done. Forwarded to chairs about errata links etc.
Abbie: All set. Have everything.
Brian: Close issue

#0308: Recommend wording on potential erratum on metadata and DNSSEC
Owner: Peter Davis
Status: Open
Assigned: 2007-09-18
Due: ---

Brian: Peter said it is minor and will keep open.

#0305: Prepare final version(s) of the SAML v2.0 Errata document
Owner: Abbie Barbir
Status: Open
Assigned: 2007-08-23
Due: ---

#0304: Incorporate appropriate use of LDAP language tags in new LDAP
attr profile
Owner: Scott Cantor
Status: Open
Assigned: 2007-08-23
Due: ---

Scott: It is ready for review. It has been uploaded already. Will post a

Brian: Next call, we will have a vote. This will be closed.

#0283: Change final arrows to solid in Tech Overview diagrams
Owner: Paul Madsen
Status: Open
Assigned: 2007-03-27
Due: ---

Brian: Last meeting minutes says that this item should be open. Will 
continue as "Open"

Anil Saldhana
Project/Technical Lead,
JBoss Security & Identity Management
JBoss, A division of Red Hat Inc.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]