Subject: Re: [security-services] Proposal: Query Extension for SAML AuthnReq

Hi Sampo,

I've only skimmed your proposal so please forgive me if I've
overlooked something.

Of course something like this is needed, no question about that.  You
mention the relation to <AttributeConsumingService> at the outset, but
then you neglect to use <RequestedAttribute> in any of your proposed
solutions.  Why not carry <RequestedAttribute> elements in the authn
request (in some way), with exactly the same semantics as in metadata?

The other thing I'll comment on is the proposed use of
Attribute/AttributeValue to convey non-attribute information to the
IdP.  This too diverges from current usage, and I would suggest we
find some other way to carry this information.

Cheers,

Tom Scavo
NCSA