Subject: Re: [security-services] Draft SSTC Meeting Minutes - 15-Jul-2008 w/Roll Call (attendance)

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Scott Cantor <cantor.2@osu.edu> wrote:

> I will say though, and we didn't talk about it on the call, that the whole
> issue of overlapping endpoints and the use of metadata probably needs some
> discussion.

Agreed.

> I don't have strong opinions about a "right" way to do it, but I can
> certainly answer questions about how you can or can't do it.

We already traveled down this path:

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/security/SstcSaml2X509ProfilesDeploy

In that profile, we chose to define two new XML attributes for IdP metadata:

<xs:attribute name="supportsX509Query" type="boolean" use="optional"/>
<xs:attribute name="supportsX509SelfQuery" type="boolean" use="optional"/>

I'm not saying that's the right way to do it (although the benefits of
a consistent approach are obvious), I'm just pointing it out.

Tom