Subject: ENISA report on SAML Authentication Context and IDABC LOA

Dear All,
I wonder if we could have some comments on the attached document from the TC  - and some advice on how to take the conclusions of the attached document forward...:

In 2007, I attended an SSTC call to discuss some possible updates/extensions to SAML (mostly Authentication Context). The next step was to produce a gap analysis between a European Authentication Levels model and SAML AC. Various hold-ups in the publication of the European model and our own resources delayed this more than I would have liked, but we now have a first version of a detailed gap analysis and some recommendations which came out of it. I have seen that some work has been progressing on this matter already with the NIST AAL's so I thought it would be a good time to send our contribution.

I've attached a PDF of our first draft. The most important points are in the conclusion and the details of our analysis of AC vs IDABC model are in the gap analysis section.

I've put Kostas, the co-author of this (who did most of the work) in cc.

Regards,

Giles

Giles Hogben
Network Security Policy Expert
European Network & Information Security Agency (ENISA)
Tel: +30 2810 391892
Fax: +30 2810 39000

idabc_AL_saml_report_v_1 0 0.pdf

PGP.sig