Subject: RE: [security-services] disposition of query re DER encoding issue

> Hmm, that's like rewriting the law to fit the crime.  I'm not sure
> what to think about it.

I suppose it is, but I don't know what else to do that doesn't lead to a
mess of conflicting assumptions, which doesn't help a general purpose
library like mine. As long as WS-Security, for example, doesn't say anything
more than dsig does, I get nothing from SAML or its profiles doing so.

I'm trying to find common ground on which W3C can agree to state a
recommendation, and eventually a codified requirement. So far, DER alone
seems to be unacceptable, but BER/DER might not be.