Subject: Re: [security-services] question on IdP Discovery - SAML IOP event

since the goal is merely to obtain the cookie from within that DNS
realm, how implementations accomplish this is not specified.  There
are many ways by which a federation may choose to specify this, which
may result in a federation interop specification, but ned not be (IMV)
tested in SAML-IOP

=peterd

On Jul 23, 2009, at 11:33 PM, Scott Cantor wrote:

> Kyle Meadors wrote on 2009-07-23:
>> Basically needing the common domain to establish their local SSO
>> session.
>> Some others in the test group feel this is not normative and no one
>> else
>> needs this domain change for IdP Discovery. Would this be
>> permissible or
>> unnecessary? Thanks.
>
> Seems counter to the point of the common domain to me, but I'm no
> expert on
> that method. It's certainly not assumed by the profile, but it's not
> obvious
> to me that it's precluded either.
>
> Since the whole idea is that the DNS entries point to systems
> controlled by
> the federation endpoints, seems like it's pretty open to
> interpretation how
> much of the software has to be hosted at those endpoints.
>
> -- Scott

Peter Davis: NeuStar, Inc.
Director & Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff
45980 Center Oak Plaza Sterling, VA 20166
[T] +1 571 434 5516 [E] peter.davis@neustar.biz [W] http://www.neustar.biz/
  [X] xri://@neustar*pdavis [X] xri://=peterd
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential
and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient
you have received this e-mail message in error and any review,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
notify us immediately and delete the original message.