Subject: RE: [security-services] JIRA SECURITY-6 PE: Conflict with core in SSOprofile on returning error Responses to SP

Why mention a specific error condition at all? How about just:

"Identity Provider implementations MUST/SHOULD support the issuance of
<saml2p:Response> messages (with appropriate status codes) in the event of
an error condition, provided that the user agent remains available and an
acceptable location to which to deliver the response is available."

::Ari