Subject: Minutes from SSTC call June 1, 2010 without Attendance

Minutes from SSTC call June 1, 2010

> 1. Roll Call & Agenda Review.

> 2. Need a volunteer to take minutes.

Hal to do minutes.

> 3. Approval of minutes from last meetings:
>
> Minutes from SSTC Call on 18 May 2010:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/security/email/ar
> chives/201005/msg00019.html

Approved unanamously.

> 4. AIs & progress update on current work-items:
>
>   (a) Current electronic ballots: None open.
>
>   (b) Status/notes regarding past ballots: None.
>
>   (c) SAML V2.0 Holder-of-Key Web Browser SSO Profile Version
> 1.0 as a CS

Still waiting

>   (d)  SAML V2.0 Holder-of-Key Assertion Profile Version 1.0
>        - AI: Thomas to ask Mary to move into Doc tree.

Will repeat request.

>   (e) Kerberos related items. [Josh/Thomas]
>         - Kerberos Web Browser SSO Profile:

Still going on.

>   (f) Expressing Identity Assurance profile for SAML2.0 (LOA)

Still going on.

>   (g) Older docs: Thomas has formally asked Mary to post
> these 4 docs (3/11th)
>         (I) Protocol Extension for Third-Party Requests (CS-01)
>        (II) Protocol Extension for Requested Authentication
> Context (CS-01)
>        (III) Shared Credentials Authentication Context
> Extension and Related Classes (CS-01)
>        (IV) Text-based Challenge/Response (CS-01)

Still waiting.

>   (h) NSN Attribute Management proposal (Thinh) - updates

Phil Hunt sent an email describing 3 flows.

Phil: Three ways to do online provisioning. All assume the ability to pass SAML Assertion.
Tried to capture pros and cons of each alternative. Request comments and corrections. If we can getting some interim agreement we can update the proposal.

Scott: Possible use of SPML.

Phil: not sure SAML & SPML identifier schemes can be reconciled.

SPML only suitable for back channel.

Scott: Still think usecase of SP providing data to IDP is very rare. Have to look at scenarios where no Assertion is involved.

{general discussion of alternatives}

Plil: will post updated proposal. Will resemble origianl proposal, with front channel binding, cleanup and clarification.

>   (i) SSO initiation draft (Scott) - update

Waiting to initiate public review of it and other documents.

> 5. New work items: none.

Josh Howlett is working on project Moonshoot. May submit new profiles after IETF meeting in June.

SOA-TEL TC may propose new work items.

> 6. Assorted threads on saml-dev/comment list:
>    - Discussion on Authrequest and Provisioning approaches
>    - Call for Presentations for OASIS Identity Management
> 2010 Conf (Sept 27-29 in DC)
>
> 7. propose an SSTC Face-to-Face meeting for September 2010:
>    - Thomas/Nate has formally asked Oasis for room/venue for
> 1 day F2F meeting
>      during the week of the OASIS Identity Management 2010 in DC.
>    - Most likely date will be Sept 30th or Oct 1st (after the
> Oasis conference).

The Chairs have request a room be reserved. The TC can decide to meet or not. Perhaps a full day is not needed.

At a minimum, the people who ar there can use the room and eveyone else can call in.

8. Meeting Ajourned.

Hal