Subject: Re: [security-services] SAML enhancement proposal for attribute assurance

For verification of the statement (integrity & origin), SAML already provides mechanisms

For the attributes within the statement, any or all of

1) mechanisms by which the values were verified
2) claim as to how much confidence an RP might ascribe to the values
3) measure of probability the attribute values are incorrect
4) etc

I'm wondering if folks know of ongoing work on any of the list above

and no, not necessarily 'human-centric'

paul

On 30/09/2010 4:41 PM, Anthony Nadalin wrote:
1990A18DEA6E97429CFD1B4D2C5DA7E70D5DD6@TK5EX14MBXC101.redmond.corp.microsoft.com" type="cite">

So verification of the statement of verification of the content of the statement and are you limiting to statements to be about humans?

From: Paul Madsen [mailto:paulmadsen@rogers.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:21 AM
To: oasis sstc

Separate from how to express in a SAML statement, does anybody know of current activity defining different criteria for verification?

paul

On 29/09/2010 8:29 AM, Ivonne Thomas wrote:

Dear Commitee members,

My name is Ivonne Thomas from Hasso-Plattner-Institute.
I am submitting a proposal that suggests enhancements to SAML for attribute assurance.

I kindly request your feedback on this approach and would be happy  to discuss this proposal in one of the upcoming SSTC Conference Calls.

Best regards,
Ivonne Thomas

____________________________
Ivonne Thomas, MSc

PhD Student, Forschungskolleg "Service-oriented Systems Engineering"
Fachbereich Internettechnologien und -systeme  (Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel)

Tel: +49 (0) 331 5509-528

Hasso-Plattner-Institut für Softwaresystemtechnik GmbH
Prof.-Dr.-Helmert-Str. 2-3
D-14482 Potsdam

Amtsgericht Potsdam, HRB 12184
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel

Design IT. Create knowledge.